Five questions for Casting Manager Thomas Lenglart
What information do you need from an artist applying to Cirque Éloize?
- First and last name (if you are performing in a duo or a trio, please send the information for every artist in your group)
- Date of birth
- Height and weight
- Email and phone number
- List of all the disciplines that you can perform (main discipline, secondary discipline, other skills (Music, Singing, Dancing, Theatre)
- Videos demonstrating your skills (Youtube/Vimeo/Dailymotion)
- Two photos (head shot & full length picture)
- Website (if you have one)
- Availability for the year
What kind of photo would you like to see?
One head shot without make-up, one full length photo, and some images with costume in performance.
What kind of video do you prefer?
I prefer to see a full act. I don’t like cuts or special effects or trailers, because we never see the full artistry of the performer: the fluidity and meaning of the transitions in a routine are as important for me as the tricks.Also, I love to see all of his/her complimentary skills and as well as a verbal presentation of the artist in addition to the performance video.
What is important to you when communicating with artists?
I love to have prompt responses, and of course friendliness and cooperativeness. Obviously, the most important information that I need is the answers to my previous questions.
As a performer, how can I apply to Cirque Eloize?
Send a link to your videos along with some photos and basic information (see list above) to: email@example.com
Cirque Éloize is a Montréal-based contemporary circus company that creates globally touring circus shows and special events. Thomas Lenglart is Casting Manager and Artistic Director’s assistant of Cirque Éloize. He previously worked as a Tour Manager for a traditional circus in Canada and was Casting Coordinator for Cirque du Soleil as well as production manager for Cirque’s Clown Cabaret. Thomas studied Management of Cultural Enterprises and has a Master’s degree in International Business.